Friday, January 4, 2013

January blues

It is a lovely, rare, clear sunny day in SB. The winter sunlight is so beautiful! I always find, at this time of year, that I am attracted to blue. I get tired of the Christmas decorations. Red and gold and stuff seem too glitzy and cluttery, and I start paring things down and putting blue and white around. (I did my blue dyed drapes, and I actually dyed another bit of fabric blue, too, and put it up over a doorway, where I have had something else for a few years.) It seems like a Scandinavian aesthetic that I am attracted to in January... any other artists notice seasonal light affecting you?

1 comment:

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

1) Blue is my favorite color and I think the living/dining room might turn up blue one of these days

2) I saw in an old post that you're going to get bloggy with it this year. You totally should!

Thank you for your sweet comments on my posts :)